Today was spent cruising back toward our starting point. The first stop we made was at Thrupp's water point. We hadn't filled our water tank for a few days so it took 1.5 hours to top off. I fixed a quick breakfast and took a shower as the tank filled.
We made a quick stop in Shipton to take a few pictures then moved on toward our first lock of the day at River Cherwell.




Sherri and I grilled hamburgers on the towpath for lunch. They were very tasty.
The rest of the day was spent steaming toward Lower Heyford for the night.
We reach Heyford by 4:30. We caught the train into Banbury for a few supplies and dinner.
I visited with a gentleman from Philly who recommended Broughton Castle just ourtside of Banbury. Fortunately Wednesday is an open day for tours. We will be heading back to Banbury tomorrow to tour the castle.

Lamar, I didn't know the Butterfields were in England.
Nb Travellers Joy is ............. right in the centre of Banbury! :-)
ReplyDeletePerhaps it wouldn't have taken 1 1/2 hours to fill the tank if you hadn't taken the shower!
ReplyDeleteLive the pictures of the post box, church and cemetery, and the craft house.
Should have said "Love the pictures of the post box, church and cemetery, and the croft house."
ReplyDelete