I was up by six. Fixed my breakfast then out for my morning walk. I have been walking 2 miles after breakfast. Yesterday covering a total of 7.88 miles.
Following the foot path up to Lower Hayford I explored the town.
I returned to the boat at about 9 am and found Sherri still in her berth. I started the engine to top up the batteries and switched on the central heating to take off the morning chill.
Sherri awoke soon after and I fixed her eggs on toast.
We caught the 12 o'clock train to Banbury for some light shopping.
We have been on the cut for 1 1/2 days. The train ride back to our starting point is 15 minutes. Boat life is very slow paced.
The morning has been rainy but hopefully it will stop this afternoon. If you ever plan a trip to England, good rain gear is a must.
The day in Banbury was very relaxing.
We had fish and chips for lunch in a proper chip shop.
After lunch Sherri shopped in the mall located on the canal and I walked the narrow charming streets of Banbury. I stepped into a few shops and picked up a few food items to take back to the boat.
I stopped at the local butcher located in an allies. I wanted to buy one of everything. Instead settling on some lamb, sausages and sauces.
Sherri and I met up for afternoon tea and cake. We caught the 5:30 train back to Heyford and was at the boat by 6:00 pm.
After dinner we decided to walk to pub for a drink. We were surprised by Morris Dancers. They were dancing in the street in front of the pub.









Rest post. Love the pictures, and am very jealous of your happening upon the Morris Dancers, We've NEVER run across any.
ReplyDeleteThey were fun to watch.
ReplyDelete