Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday June 25th. Packing it all back up.

Our last day. Sherri and I packed our bags while waiting for David and Trish to arrive. No small undertaking. I was tempted to through out some clothes but knew I would need them when I got home. David and Trish arrived a little before 1:00. On Thursday they had taken the train home to retrieve their car. We piled into David's trusty Saab and headed for a pub. After lunch, David gave us a tour of their boat Travelers Joy. It was built in the traditional style with the boatman's cabin, engine room then living quarters in the forward half of the boat. 


The boat is powered by a Russell Newbery. It's sound and rhythm remind me of grandpa Fleming's old John Deer tractor.
We said our goodbyes and headed for our hotel in Banbury. We are staying at Whatley Hall. This is a 400 year old hotel. I am hoping they have updated their beds since the grand opening. 


2 comments:

  1. Hello, David. Very interesting boat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara. She's been our home for much of the time over the past 17 years. :-)

      It has been a priviledge to share time with Eric and Sherri - a great couple.

      Delete