Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Tuesday June 14th. Moving to Enslow.

Today we moved the boat from Heyford to Enslow. We intended to reach Thrup, which is 2.5 miles further down, but found a nice mooring at Enslow.
We started out a little after 10 am and stopped just around the corner to take on fresh water. The boat has a 500 gallon water tank but it is suggested you fill the tank every couple days. If you don't, you can sit for hours filling the water tank. This causes a Que of boats waiting for water and unhappy boaters.
The stretch of canal between Heyford and Enslow has been the prettiest.



We moored at Enslow across from a small marina. Sherri and I visited the local pub, Rock of Gibraltar. I order a half pint but was given a full. Fortunately I had my walking stick to help navigate the narrow toe path on our way back to the boat. 
Sherri prepared dinner of lamb chops with all the fixings. 


After relaxing and watching a little TV, I decided to take a evening walk. My short walk turned into nearly six miles. It was worth the effort. It gave me the opportunity to visit with a couple people on the path and play ball with a Jack Russel mixed. (I should have taken a picture of him) I walked 10 miles for the day. About 4 more than the boat. 

Tomorrow we move to Thrup or Kidlington. The owner of the boat will meet us on the canal so he can fix the stove. Possible bad thermal coupler. 





 

3 comments:

  1. 1, Lovely!
    2. Are you a Fitbit addict?
    3. Half pints are for girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an Apple Watch. They are much more accurate than fit bit. It certainly reminds me to get up and move.

      Delete
    2. Half pints are for girls and men.

      Delete