We left Thrupp and moved to Oxford. As we approached Oxford, nice brick homes with charming back gardens lined the canal.

We were able to find one of the few decent moorings left. It is very close to the heart of Oxford and around the corner from the train station.


Sherri and I walked into town to have an early dinner.
We found a very good Chinese Restaurant.
After dinner we walked into the shopping district. Sherri did a little shopping and I continued on further into the city. I found the covered market and the Radcliffe center.

Interesting old wooden building in the middle of stone and concrete.
This picture is the lock that marks the end of the Oxford Canal and the beginning of the Thames River. Another boater told us they may close the Thames to boat traffic due to high water. We were hoping to loop back on the Thames and pick up the Oxord Canal at a cut off called Duke's Cut. We may have to rethink our plan.
We will spend a couple days here in Oxford then start our return to Twyford Wharf.





Half timber and/or daub and waddle? Canal looks very busy here. Lucky you found a spot to Moore. Sherri, shopping pics, please, and markets!
ReplyDeleteI am not sure. I just saw a program a couple months ago that showed this style of timber beam building. I have a few pictures of the covered market. I will post them soon.
ReplyDelete